How do I save a KDE configuration

Ok I decided to try out FreeBSD 14.0 Current . I installed KDE And Gnome. But when I setup all my usr settings and reboot freebsd all my setting where gone. But when I reboot again my settings where back. But I notice my home directory was different each time I lost my settings. So it takes awhile to get my old settings back but I put two different files in each Downloads directory and each time my old settings came back the different files where in a different home Downloads user directory but the other file was not there it was in another home user directory. I hope this makes since I'm about to pull my hair out I know freebsd pretty well but can't figure this out for the life of me. I tried to locate the files each time but it only finds the file I put in the different Downloads. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use zfs for my backups but no snapshots can be found its like I have two different home directories I thought it could be a problem with a zfs pool but I have all them destroyed after backups.

Ok I decided to try out FreeBSD 14.0 Current . I installed KDE And Gnome. But when I setup all my usr settings and reboot freebsd all my setting where gone. But when I reboot again my settings where back. But I notice my home directory was different each time I lost my settings. So it takes awhile to get my old settings back but I put two different files in each Downloads directory and each time my old settings came back the different files where in a different home Downloads user directory but the other file was not there it was in another home user directory. I hope this makes since I'm about to pull my hair out I know freebsd pretty well but can't figure this out for the life of me. I tried to locate the files each time but it only finds the file I put in the different Downloads. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use zfs for my backups but no snapshots can be found its like I have two different home directories I thought it could be a problem with a zfs pool but I have all them destroyed after backups.
I thought I had it fixed when I was in both home user directory at different logins I went into console mode and deleted both users directory and then created new user account configured kde AGAIN and no it lost configuration again and went back to default settings. I'm just lost. I just can't figure out why I have two different home user directorys.

I thought I had it fixed when I was in both home user directory at different logins I went into console mode and deleted both users directory and then created new user account configured kde AGAIN and no it lost configuration again and went back to default settings. I'm just lost. I just can't figure out why I have two different home user directorys.
I hope I'm not breaking the rules but I just went to restore freebsd with a zfs backup and when I went to zpool import my freebsd partition I get an error that it can't be imported because a mountpoint or dataset is busy. So I'm going to try a zpool labelclear on partition then try to zfs create -f on partition then restore my backup to that drive I'll let you know if it works. But I'm scared my backup has the problem on it

Ok I decided to try out FreeBSD 14.0 Current
There are certain reasons for a normal user to use a development version.
Usually it involves hardware that is unsupported on RELEASE or troubleshooting a problem.

Using CURRENT for no particular reason is not advised. We don't support it on the forum.

Please give 13.2-RELEASE a try.

-CURRENT is not for the normal user. Its for people building FreeBSD.
Changes to large codebases often go in chunks to reduce fallout. Do you know what is being worked on?

Ok just delete this post I sure can't figure out how to ill go somewhere else I use 13.2 on my main system just thought I'd try it out since pfsense used it. Sorry for the mistake.

since pfsense used it
Times sure have changed. They used to lag behind -RELEASE.
Not wise to use a development version for a public facing firewall.

We are not trying to give you a hard time. Its just that -CURRENT is not best for most people.

Back