How do I install only 1 package with pkg install?

FreeBSD 14.0

I removed the 2 packages below that are smplayer dependencies! And I don't want those dependencies installed because I don't need them!
smplayer-skins
smplayer-themes

It turns out that I also removed vlc because I didn't want it on the system, but... the elisa program requires it, otherwise it won't work!
Now I can't install vlc, because it's forcing me to install the packages below against my will!
smplayer-skins
smplayer-themes

I tried:
pkg install -M vlc
pkg install -U vlc
pkg install --no-repo-update vlc

How can I install vlc and any other program without being forced to install packages that I removed from the system because they don't interest me?

The problem is in the dependency, is there any way for me to ignore dependencies that I don't want installed?
# pkg check -d -a
Checking all packages: 100%
elisa has a missing dependency: vlc
elisa is missing a required shared library: libvlc.so.5
smplayer has a missing dependency: smplayer-themes
smplayer has a missing dependency: smplayer-skins

>>> Missing package dependencies were detected.
>>> Found 3 issue(s) in the package database.

The following packages will be installed:

New packages to be INSTALLED:
smplayer-skins: 20.11.0_1,1
smplayer-themes: 20.11.0_1,1
vlc: 3.0.20_5,4

If a package has a dependency, it's compiled with that dependency. Meaning you should install that dependency in order to don't have problems. [Like linkers symbols not found]

If a package has a dependency, it's compiled with that dependency. Meaning you should install that dependency in order to don't have problems. [Like linkers symbols not found]
The problem is in the dependency, is there any way for me to ignore dependencies that I don't want installed?

You will need to select the flags and compile the packages yourself, if you do not want these dependencies.
Yes, I understood for the smplayer case. But think? Why does pkg insist on checking system-wide dependencies? In my opinion, he should carry out the requested installation and not interfere with previous decisions!

This takes away our freedom to remove packages from our PC that we are not interested in! Since once removed, the system will force you to install everything again in the future!
Hence the question! Isn't there any way I can make the system only take care of the new installation? Without interfering with previously made decisions?

Is it really the only way I can solve the problem is to manually compile all the packages I use without the dependencies I don't want?

Is it really the only way I can solve the problem is to manually compile all the packages I use without the dependencies I don't want?
Yes. That is the tradeoff when using prebuilt binary packages: you get what you get. This is not unique to FreeBSD and ports: every Linux distribution has predetermined dependencies that you get when you install packages from a repo.

Back